Saturday, October 6, 2007

Clearing out, clearing up......Or the Tao of crap

At last the fog of too much crap is lifting.
Years ago I thought I wanted to have antique furniture in my life. Things change.
Now I want Shaker-Zen style.
There is no longer room in my space for heavy, space hogging furniture.
I am shoving the crap out the door.

I have found a buyer for my PC. Next is the buffet, a desk, a rock maple chest of drawers, a small writing desk and motorcycle jackets and a helmet. Maybe a boom-box type stereo.

Ok, so I am moving my crap out of my life. Someone else will want my crap. I can't control what kind of crap I get in this life, but I can certainly decide to expect GOOD crap.

The crap that some other people get will almost certainly be less crappy than the crap I get. That's just the way it goes. Before you get too bitchy about it, evaluate the grievance: It's not like you're being detained without trial in Guantanamo; you're just unhappy with a piece of life that was clearly labeled crap. In the hierarchy of injustices, this is not a biggie.

Step forward and buy my crap because it is probably better than the crap you have. And then I can get newer and better crap. And then you will have newer and better crap. See how swell this works!

No comments: